Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Of the belly.

Dalla Pancia, Chianti, 2006. 

Now, the truth is, I love this little wine and not just because it is again, another Amy and Peter venture! It is my favorite of all the projects we have been involved in. If no one else likes it I will drink the last 330 cases myself. 

Dalla Pancia means 'of the belly' and has been like the smart, nerdy child who prefers to go to the spelling bee while her sisters, aka Hocus Pocus and Genuine Risk, go out for Lacrosse and Cheerleading. It's just really understated and shy little baby. But it's a late bloomer. 

I will be the first to admit that when it first arrived it was a little, shall we say... primary. But in the last 5 months it has really evolved and that primary tanky quality has been replaced by a nice spicy complexity on the finish and I can actually now tell that the wine spent time in large foudres as opposed to tank. I know that sounds dumb, but many I things I say sound dumb, somehow that doesn't stop me from saying them. HA! 

Lots of fresh cherries, clean red fruit, high acidity and a light spiciness on the finish. It really is great with food and that new AWESOME show on VH1, "Tough Love". 

It's available at Palate, Woodland Hills Wine Co., Wine House, El Vino, Lucques, AOC (of course!) and the soon to open Tavern in Brentwood. It retails around $17. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, I really need to try this again.

Amy said...

Let's go to Umami burger this week. We will drink!

Rebecca Hedrick said...

Wow - you guys are really rocking.
can't wait to try it.
Congrats!

Amy said...

When can we see you guys?? How's Georgia???

Rebecca Hedrick said...

We would LOVE to see you guys. sounds like you're wonderfully busy. I'll send you an e-mail and attach a pic of the little miss....

Jill said...

Yes please.