Wednesday, March 25, 2009

From the land of goat cheese.

Le Clos Delorme, Valencay, 2006. 

To me, Valencay has always been synonymous with goat cheese, but now it's expanded to include red wine. Crazy, I know!

My friend, Jill, of Domaine 547, picke dhtis up at K&L and their website says, "A happy little blend of hand harvested 40% Gamay, 30% Cot (Malbec), 20% Cabernet Franc and 10% Pinot Noir all grown in sand, gravel and clay soils and then fermented and aged in tank." Malbec in the Loire??? Who knew? 

Jill dropped an open bottle of this off later in the evening on Sunday and since we were already nursing another bottle, I had a little sip and put it in the fridge. Monday night Peter was out of town so when I got home from aoc I was scrounging around the kitchen looking for a glass of something, anything really and remembered that this was in the fridge. It held up really well overnight in the bottle, and so I say this is a good single person's wine or a good wine for someone who's spouse doesn't drink (crazy!) or for sometimes lonely girls like me. 

No comments: