Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Loire wine blog.

Jean- Francois Merieau, Le Bois, Jacou, Touraine, 2007. 

Hey look! We're in the Loire again, but this time it's not Cabernet Franc. Yahoo! Instead, it's Gamay. 

This is another wine my friend Jill from Domaine 547 dropped off at my house. She and her husband went to eat at Umami Burger and her hubby, Jesse, did not like the wine. And since we live so close to Umami Burg Peter and I reaped the rewards, we got the sloppy seconds. I'm never opposed to that. I prefer them a little broken in... if you know what I mean. 

Anyhoo, I really like this wine. From a single block of vines, 40-60 years old. It's super light, with an elegant and lean mouthfeel, bright bing cherry fruit. Not complex, just pretty, and not pretty like a Barbie doll, pretty like that fresh faced girl next door. You know, pretty like me. HA!

Ok, enough about me. (Actually can there EVER be enough about me? To all my smart ass friends: DO NOT answer that question.) This wine is available at K&L for $17.99.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think it's time you visit Australia! This should help you get in the mood:

http://www.mollydookerwines.com/web/mollydooker_shake.cfm#intro1

Amy said...

I's always in the mood for the Mollydooker shake!