Monday, March 23, 2009

Check mate.

Domaine de la Chevalerie, Bourgueil, "Galichets", 2006. 

Yes my friends, ANOTHER Cab Franc. You know, it's THE recession wine in my opinion. The great yet undiscovered area in the world where wine prices are so reasonable for the high quality level. Well, I guess German Riesling is up there on my list too. But we ain't talking about Riesling today. I read that in 2001 they cut yields almost in half in order to improve quality. We dig low yields no matter what Richard "Sunlight into Wine" Smart says and believe that is a necessary ingredient in producing high quality wine. 

This wine was perfect. Literally. 
Soft red fruit? check. 
Moderate alcohol? check. 
Low to moderate tannins? check. 
Moderate to high acidity? check. 
DELICIOUSNESS? CHECK PLUS BABY!

It's $21.99 at El Vino in Venice. Tell Bart I sent you!

No comments: