Monday, December 8, 2008

My taste buds differ.


Today is my 200th post! Yahoo!!

I celebrate with 2006 Grilli di Testamatta. Sangiovese 80%, Canaiolo 10%, 10% Colorino.  

92 points Wine Spectator: "There's beautiful fruit in this wine, with berry, chocolate, and Indian spices. Full bodied, with velvety tannins and a long, flavorful finish and although it has loads of fruit, it is refined and balanced." 

As for me, our friend Giacomo makes this wine and so I'm biased no matter what Wine Spectator says. I totally agree with the Indian Spices thing - that makes this wine really exotic, but I found it to be much lighter in body that WS. I mean, it's Sangiovese, not Cabernet. The tannins were soft and the fruit was pretty bright, not deep. I didn't find any chocolate either... oh well, what do I know?? 

Available at K&L for $32.99

No comments: