Monday, February 1, 2010

Taut and Lean.

Craggy Range, Riesling, Marlborough, NZ, 2008.

Wow. This wine was an acid bomb. And you know I love acid and embrace acid, but I'm on this fence about this one. I like it, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't write about it if i didn't, but I mean, JEEZ LOUISE as my mother would say, this is one acidic mother, if you know what I mean.

Like biting into a ripe lemon, with a little bit of candied character, medium bodied, a slight petrol note, it was refreshing. But it needs food. Preferable something very fatty and creamy to cut through the acidity. I think the pH is like 2.9, which is close to a lemon.

At any rate, you have to try it if just for the experience of saying that you did. It's like jumping off a bridge. Only safer. And it probably won't kill you. Unless you're allergic to acidity, which would be ridiculous.

Wine House, $18.99.


1 comment:

County Seat Living said...

"taut and lean"...just like you. i am LOVING your blog. great descriptions and amzing recommendations.