Friday, January 29, 2010

A good deal...

Wild Earth, Central Otago, NZ, Pinot Noir, 2007.

I blind tasted this wine, of course, I guess I don't need to say that anymore, I will let you know when I DON'T blind taste something and the primary black cherry fruit took me to the new world right away. I struggled between C. Otago and Chile. It had a little herbaceousness that made me think it might be S. American. But it's that black cherry fruit intensity, high acid, low tannins that is consistent with New Zealand and C. Otago in particular. The color was like BRIGHT, star bright ruby. There was a little vanilla / baking spice / new oak character on this, but it was well integrated and the finish was long with loads of black cherry, so it delivers good quality for the price.

This is $23.99 at the Wine House. I think it was marked down from a higher price point, so you PN lovers should go grab a few bottles before it's gone.

No comments: