Sunday, December 21, 2008

For drinking or baptism.

Pelerin, Les Tournesols, White Rhone Blend, Santa Lucia Highlands, 2007. 

72% Roussanne, 19% Viognier, 9% Chard. 

I tasted this wine with Drew Langley, somm at Providence. Costs around $60 on the list I believe. I bought the Syrah from Cheese Store of SL over the summer and really liked it and thought the white was just as good if not better. 

These are the tasting notes from the winemaker, and I concur 100%. 

The 2007 "Les Tournesols" Roussanne blend offers an intriguing range of apple and asian pear aromas and flavors accented by subtle notes of jasmine, vanillin and roasted almonds. The texture is very finely balanced - with the focused and fruitful characters interwoven with the broader and richer notes - culminating in a distinctive and lasting finish reminiscent of fresh lime, honey and ginger.

Only 243 cases made! We like that. Plus, the label is tres cool. It has the feel of a Jesus figure. An old one without shoes. I was baptised once.  Didn't take. But this wine did. 

'Tis the season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well.. it's like I thought!