Saturday, November 22, 2008

Textbook.

The perfect Thanksgiving wine - aren't you sick of hearing that? How about this week I do a series of Thanksgiving wines that you AND your parents will enjoy. Thought you'd never agree with them on anything? Well, that's all about to change. 

Domaine Ruet, Brouilly, Vielles Vignes, Beaujolais, 2004.

I love the candied cherries and brightness of this wine. Lean mouthfeel, good acidity, could almost be California PN, except that well, it's so very Gamay-like. I think this is textbook example of Cru Beaujolais, so much so that I actually identified it correctly in a blind tasting. I was smelling the glass and tasting it and thinking "this can't be Burgundy - what is it?? what is it??" and then I had that AHHHH HHAAAA moment, "Beaujolais!!!" Duh!

Anyway, Cara bought this at... crap... I can't remember where - I'll ask her and get back to you!!

The husband comes home today from the harvest for good, so I guess I have to kick my lover out now. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Now back to the tried and true. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I come over and pick up my socks?

Anonymous said...

Almost forgot...can I get my squash paddle back too?

Amy said...

Nope, I'm keeping all of those items and your Head and Shoulders too.

Anonymous said...

She never returned my recreational handcuffs either.

CobrasWine said...

Amy is still waiting her cheese plate.