Saturday, July 26, 2008

Udderly delicious.

Are you seeing red? No! It's just the Atalayas, Ribera del Duero, 2005. 

I have been in a real Ribera del Duero phase lately. Don't ask me why - I just can't seem to get enough of the old world and the new American Oak. This one was particularly delicious especially for the price point! I found it to have some wonderful plummy fruit and that high toned bruised apple (ala volatile acidity) quality. It's not very weighty - perfect for Sangiovese and Pinot lovers who want to take a little trip to good 'ole Espanol. 

I found that the moderate plus alcohol would give me courage to fight a bull should the opportunity arise. Or at the very least it could persuade me to milk a cow. 

For some reason the model (one Cynthia Mendoza) felt compelled to advertise her own little udders.   

Purchased at Mission Wines in South Pasadena for $23.99.

No comments: