Monday, June 30, 2008

Into the wild.

Substance, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2006 is sommelier extraordinaire Dana Farner's pick at Wolfgang's Cut and Sidebar. The wine is a joint venture from the winemakers at Gramercy and Waters. I love wines from Washington and I think Cabernet is particularly successful because it's like amped up Bordeaux and mild Napa Cabernet at the same time - falls right in the middle of the Old World / New World mix. Lots of dark blackberry and boysenberry fruits with graphite and mint flavors too. Eat a black currant off a #2 pencil and **VOILA** Washinton Cab! 

It's BTG for $14, cheap cheap cheap!!! Go on in, get yourself a big piece of meat and drink some Cab. 

I now feel like growling and putting a harpoon into something... I'm going to find my husband... he's the perfect target for a harpoon.  


No comments: