Thursday, April 10, 2008

Move over Chekov, here's my kinda Three Sisters


Domaine Weinbach is made by three women, Colette, Catherine and Laurence Faller. This is their Schlossberg (Grand Cru) Rielsing, 2005, Cuvee St. Catherine, Clos de Capucins. This wine is terrific! The label is so very beautiful but so very confusing. The link to their website should help clarify it for you... though I still don't fully get it...

Peter bought this at the Wine House, a half bottle is $24.99. It doesn't have the linear precision of German or Austrian Riesling, much more broad and rich. Still, it's bone dry with lots of soft citrus and lemon fruits.







I am attempting to eat meat, but when I just can't stomach the idea of blood and guts for my gastronomic needs, I cook up whole grains, root vegetables and greens. I just had to show this dish that Peter prepared from Suzanne Goin's cookbook Sunday Suppers at Lucques. Kabocha squash with farra and cavolo nero. Muy delish with the Weinbach!

No comments: