Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mama Mia - not the musical.

Pira & Filgli, Chiara Boschis, Barbera d'Alba, 2003. Yum-o-rama! With barbera you never know what you're going to get. Could be austere and acidic, could be full and fruity. This one was very clean and bright with with stewed red fruit, and the acidity was very persistent on the finish. You know I like that! A great little wine. 

I think what was most appealing about this wine is that it was $64 on the list. Totally affordable and was perfect with arugula salad and pizza. Mama Mia!! The next logical move in the night was tequila. And the next move after that was me becoming a certifiable Dancing Queen. 

You can get the Pira & Figli at... crap.. I don;t know... I'll get back to on this one. If you go to NY - get it at Lil Frankie's on the LWS. 


No comments: