Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Through rose colored glasses.


Henri Billiot NV, Brut Rose. This was the favorite at the wedding with our guests! Truly refreshing sparkling Pinot Noir. It's not a meaty rich rose, but rather has a lots of bright raspberry fruit. Still, it's serious wine. The estate is just a little over 11 acres, all Grand Cru. Super small production and family owned.

I couldn't actually find any full bottles to take a picture of!
You can get this at Wade's Wines (off the 101 in Westlake Village) for around $60.

Hey, btw, please send me pictures and tales of your favorite LA wine places. I would love to post someone's opinion other than my own!


Also, I forgot to take a picture, but had a really fun meal at Primitivo last night with friends. We drank 2004, Bruno Clair, Marsannay for $15 by the glass. A terrific end to our meal! Light and refreshing.

No comments: