Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sweet what????

I saw this on a website I visit frequently called GrapeWallofChina.com, great great grape site if you want to know more about the Chinese market. And because we should all know more about the Chinese market because I think they are the next big thing in the world of wine, its worth boning up on. Non pun intended in regards to this post. 

Peter and I have made a few labeling mistakes, stuff that has cost us over $6,000 to correct. Mostly just legal mumbo jumbo that we didn't catch. But nothing like this. Though I'm inclined to think our wines do sometimes taste like "sweet fuck" I certainly wouldn't ever say it.... guess I just did. This label was mistranslated and now I think Alice White wines have a bit of a PR problem on their hands. Check out the post on GrapeWall. Far funnier than anything I could write!

2 comments:

Director, Lab Outreach said...

I love the interweb. Awesome.

Ian Johnson said...

Just want to know how the exam went. I'm sure you did well.