Monday, May 4, 2009

The first rose of the summer.

Charles Smith, Volume II, Rose, Columbia Valley, Washington State, 2008.

I had this at a great event for an organization called Write Girl. peter and I poured at the VIP event after party and April from Silverlake Wine and Susan from Venkado poured at the opening event. It was soooo fun! Rice Balls from Dominick's and Rose from SLW. 

Actually, I'm not sure of the price, but I'm sure its totally reasonable - like under $15. It was totally dry, full of fresh strawberries, a totally easy drinking summer delight. 100% Syrah. And we love Syrah as much as Cabernet Franc!

Hooyah!

9 comments:

Jill (sorry no clever pseudonym) said...

it's a mere $10 if you can believe it!

Dick Hertz said...

I'm sorry. What do you mean by "no clever pseudonyms?" Are you saying Hal E Tosis is made up?

Amy said...

I can't believe it! It was a delicious delicious wine for $10

Jeff Zimmitti said...

My favorite domestic rosé of the season thus far. Good stuff. A Chambers pick.

Jill said...

I wish I were dating you Dick, so I could refer to you as "My Dick Hertz."

Yes, Amy. $10 -- it's single vineyard, too. Can you believe somebody managed to make such a good wine for $10 that's not from Europe or South America?

Jill's Dick Hertz said...

Amy...I'm no longer on the market. I now belong to Jill.

Paul Skinback said...

I'm available for a domestic rosé three-way sans les noms du vin.

Amy said...

This is a respectable blog people.

Speaking of respectable, not one person commented on my douche bag comment. I'm very disappointed in all of you.

Jeff Zimmitti said...

I'm the straightman. Dick Hertz is more of the Jerry Lewis type, he can comment. The French love him.