Friday, April 3, 2009

Self made.

La Fenetre, Syrah, Santa Barbara Highlands Vineyard, South Mesa, 2006. 

Whew! That's a mouthful. My friend Josh Klapper make this beautiful little wine. 

What I think is so cool about this project is that it started with Josh and Mark Mendoza, both working at Sona at the time, having the idea to start their own project under the name Timeless Palates. The wine was made at ABC up until this year where Josh is taking the whole thing over and doing all the production work himself. To me, that's exciting! Josh has worked on all sides of the business - retail, somm, wine sales and now he's making wine. I'm partial to the self made!

Also, just for the record, the wine is really good. I've had it at a number of tastings and love that the alcohol is so well balanced with the plummy, blue fruits. 

$23.99 at Mr. Marcel at the Grove.