Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Alain Graillot, Saint-Joseph, 2006. 

Now, for me, this wine was weird to see! We see the Crozes-Hermitage all over the place in So Cal, but St.-Jo from Graillot (wow, that rhymes) is something new and interesting! The truth is I don't think you can get it down here, but it was exciting, so I wanted to write about it. 

Now, I consider this a more modern style wine, which I like from the Rhone. Of course, I like all styles from the Rhone, but sometimes something with a little more fruit and a smidgeon of oak makes me very happy and this did just that. The fruit are very red, red currants, deep raspberry and framboise flavors and some sweet tobacco. 

Ah! Takes me back to the old days in Kentucky when I was growing up. Reminds me of grandpa. Or rather it would remind me of grandpa if he smoked a pipe, but he didn't so it reminds me of a grandpa that smokes a pipe in Kentucky, but not my grandpa. 

Anyhoo, it was around $38, but Peter bought it Oregon. So you'll have to wine-searcher this one peeps, I'm way behind in the studies department today. I've been on facebook and talking on the phone to my best friend who is so pregnant she can't sleep so now I have someone to chat with at 630am. And wow, am I feeling chatty today today! I could just go on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

7 comments:

Derrick Rosé said...

Christopher Cannan, Europvin, Van Nuys, CA - & it's not available in Southern California?

Amy said...

Hey - I said look it up! We had to go to Oregon for it. A close parallel being Vivid Entertainment is in LA, but the swingers convention is in Miami. You can't always get what you want where you want it.

Chesty Morgan said...

I did look it up. I looked it up in your accompanying photo.

Amy said...

Ha! That's really funny actually.

CobrasWine said...

Call Mike Miller...he'll special order it for you.

Amy said...

Are you back Fernandez?

CobrasWine said...

I'm back. Still jet-lagged. Hence the reason I'm posting at 3:07 in the morning.