Thursday, December 25, 2008

And I wonder why I felt sooo miserable the next day.





Ok, the Prunotto, Barolo, $215 was really spectacular. Still had lots of fruit and I found it not be dead or overly oxidized, of course, can anyone back me up on that?

The Hubert de Montille, Volnay, 1er Cru, 1997 ($60 something dollars?) I thought was very structured and still really youthful given its in half bottle and has 11 years of age on it. It had pretty good tannins and dark cherry fruit. 

The Georges Brunet, Vouvray was slightly sweet and very wooly. By the time we got to this I had no concept of price. The remainder of the wines to be posted tomorrow!!

Try any of these at Palate!!!

1 comment:

Jeff Zimmitti said...

Great night! Thanks Amy & Peter. Those photos are great... reminds me of Van Halen I!

But you are forgetting that 70's domestic damp closet Barbera that Jules brought!