Monday, August 11, 2008

Hip to be square.



First of all, The Foundry on Melrose is WAAAYYY too hip for me and Peter. I mean, we are like so lame and just cannot roll with the Hollywood crowd. I have got to get some knee-high boots and hot pants, that's all there is to it.

However, we don't care that we don't fit in and we had a really good time there last week. They pour Genuine Risk BTG, which we like A LOT, and wanted to go by to send them some love. 

Peter drank Gruner and I drank this really pleasant Donnaluna, 2006, Aglianico. I expected it to be dirty, like those filthy little Italians can be, but it was very well made. Had good acidity and nice soft tannins, some new oak and plummy dark fruit. It was $13 a glass and highly recommended from this uber-unhip blogger.

No comments: