Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I love Mozza.


This comes as no surprise, I know, but I love the Pizzeria. It takes me off my beans and greens diet for a night, but it's well worth the stomach ache in the morning! We walked in on Memorial Day and got a table at 8pm for 3 people. That's like totally unheard of, and it made the experience that much better.

We drank an awesome little Soave Classico by Suavia. It's from the Veneto, made primarily from Garganega. This one is actually done really well, I say that because there are some cheapos out there that taste like cleaning fluid. The Suavia is really juicy, lots of pear fruit and fairly full bodied. The acidity is pretty good too! It's $9 for 250ml, about a glass and a half.

Pictured is the Prosecco di Valdobiaddene by Ruggeri, also from the Veneto and made from none other than Prosecco grapes. The staff elegantly pours from magnum table side. I have a love hate relationship with Prosecco, and this one is just on the verge of being too sweet for me, though it was still a refreshing quaffer to start with. It's $11 a glass, and the alcohol is low (11%), so you can start with this and move on to something with more complexity, like the Soave.

Prego!

No comments: