Thursday, May 8, 2008

Et Tu Bruno?


Bruno Gobillard, Vieilles Vignes, NV.

I love this wine!! Another grower Champagne, it's a Becky Wasserman selection, sold by Sandy Garber (pictured below with the Valduero at the CheeseStore of Silverlake.)

It has that toasty biscuit thing that I love, but it still maintains incredible freshness and lively ripe pear fruit. Very complex.

There's even a bit of vanilla on the nose that makes me think of my childhood, drinking canned cream soda with my grandmother on her broken concrete porch in rural Kentucky. (It's the day before my wedding, I'm allowed to be sentimental.)

The worst part is, I don't think you can't actually get it right now, it seems to be sold out everywhere, as production is very limited. But check with your friendly neighborhood retailer to pick up a bottle next time it's released, they may be able to contact Sandy and make it happen. It should retail around $60. Sounds like a lot, but it's worth it!!!!! and this will be a good exercise in planning for your wine collection!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a better idea. Why don't you marry me instead?